2020 CALL FOR APPLICATIONS16th Angkor Photo Workshops
WHO CAN APPLY
Our workshop is open to all aspiring photographers of Asian nationality, with no age limit. It is open to students as well as professionals working either full-time or part-time as photographers.
The workshop is conducted in English, and you will need to have your own digital camera and laptop with basic photo editing software.
THINGS YOU’LL NEED
The workshop is conducted in English, and you will need to bring your own digital camera and laptop with basic photo editing software.
Participants have to be in Siem Reap for the full period of 17 – 28 November 2020.
- 17 Nov: All participants to have arrived in Siem Reap.
- 17 – 24 Nov: Conceptualising, producing and editing a photo story under the guidance of your tutor.
- 24 – 28 Nov: Participation in professional activities as part of the Angkor Photo Festival.
- 28 Nov: (Evening) Screening of 16th Angkor Photo Workshop Results.
There is no application fee or tuition-fee. We will provide free accommodation for you from 17 – 28 November 2020 (basic, air-conditioned, shared twin or triple room).
You need to have enough funds to pay for your: visa fees, travel expenses to-and-fro Siem Reap, local travel costs, meals, any other expenses you incur during the workshops.
THINGS TO PREPARE
1. Brief Biography: This is a simple resume about yourself. You can include any information which you think is relevant for us, such as your study and work history. Keep it brief. To help you, here are some things you can include:
- Your education history (where, when and what?)
- Your working history (where, when and what?)
- Other activities (Other courses, workshops you have participated in)
2. Portfolio of Work: Your portfolio of work should reflect your vision and style as a photographer.
- (Minimum 15 – Maximum 20 photos per portfolio
- Image Size: 2,000 pixels on longer side / 72dpi / JPG / Max 2.5MB
- Filename: All images should include your full name. (Eg: Amy_Tan_001.jpg)
Q: Which nationalities can apply?
A: Click to view the list of countries.
Q: What kind of photographs should I include in my portfolio?
A: You can submit 15-20 images in your portfolio. Your portfolio is an important way to express who you are as a photographer. You can submit singles or a full story, but it should be a cohesive collection that helps us understand the vision you are striving for.
Q: Who is going to be my tutor?
A: Our tutors are the ones who select each year’s participants. If you are selected, we will inform you who your tutors are, and the allocation is final.
Q: I can’t be in Siem Reap for the entire duration. Can I come later or leave earlier?
A: No, we require all participants to be present for the full duration so as to benefit from the complete experience of the event.
Q: I made a mistake with the application. Can I submit another form?
A: Yes, but you have to inform us first by emailing us at workshops [@] angkor-photo.com. If duplicate applications are found, we will use the most recent one.
2020 APPLICATION NOW CLOSED