While in Siem Reap for the workshops or festival, come participate in our portfolio reviews, get yourself a beautiful photo book, and join in our afternoon sessions!
DATES: 15 – 17 December
VENUE: Le Tigre Hotel
TIME: 10.00am [Registration opens] / 10.30am – 12.30pm [Reviews]
Our free portfolio reviews are conducted by industry professionals, including editors, curators and photographers from all over the world who volunteer their expertise and advice.
> Prepare your print or digital portfolio in advance.
> Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis, so come early to sign up! Review slots are limited.
- Zalmai, Swiss-Afghanistan – Photographer
- Takeki Sugiyama, Japan – Founder & Director of Mt. Rokko Photography Festival
- Isabelle Lesser/Asia Motion, Belgium – Editor & Photographer
- Jorge Silva/Thomson Reuters, Mexico – Chief Photographer SEA
- Hsia Yi Wen/World Press Photo, Netherlands – Exhibitions Curator
- Valentina Abenavoli/Akina Books, Italy – Editor & Book Designer
DATES: 8- 18 December
VENUE: Le Tigre Hotel
TIME: 10.00am – 6.00pm
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to view and buy some incredible photo books from photographers all around the region. Our photo book corner at the Workshop Center is open to all to come by to browse the books on display – with many available for sale!
Photo Books For Sale
- Kosuke Okahara, Japan – “Ibasyo” ($30)
- Veejay Villafranca, Philippines – “Signos” ($60)
- Yu Yu MinthThuma Collective “Us & Beyond” ($35)
- Shyue Woon, Singapore – “Dark Cities” ($85)
- Sohrab Hura, India – “Proposition of Departure” ($15)
- Sohrab Hura, India – “Look it’s getting sunny outside” ($62)
- Nepal Picture Library, Nepal – “Dalit: A Quest for Dignity” ($25)
Photo Books For Browsing
- Objectifs – Centre for Photography and Film – “Objectifs 15”
- Riti Sengupta, India – “Chinari“
- Sai Htin Linn Htet, Myanmar – “The Others”
- Sai Htin Linn Htet – “Maya”
All our afternoon sessions are open to the public and free to attend, with no prior registration required.
Upcoming Events › 2018 Activities
List of Events
Freelancing in Southeast AsiaRony Zakaria (Indonesia), Veejay Villafranca (Philippines), Ore Huiying (Singapore) Veteran photographers come together to share their experience of being a freelance photographer in Southeast Asia. They will speak about key issues that all emerging photographers should now about: from reaching out to clients and editors, making the pitch, dealing with difficult clients, and finding a balance between personal projects and commercial work.
The World Press Photo: Embracing challenges and changes Formed in 1955, the World Press Photo was formed in an era without digital technology and a very different climate of international relations and politics. Since then, it has had to rise to the challenge of tackling new issues brought about by technology, new imaging practices and an increased focus on the need for ethical representation and diversity. Join us and World Press Photo's Exhibitions Manager and Curator Hsia Yi Wen as we discuss…
Contracts & Copyright ProtectionRony Zakaria (Indonesia), Veejay Villafranca (Philippines)Unsure about how to negotiate the right contract for yourself, or wondering if the client is right to demand the copyright to your work? Join Rony Zakaria and Veejay Villafranca as they discuss the important topic of managing client agreements, contracts and protecting your copyright.
"Post-War Vietnamese Photography" Linh Pham & Ha Dao from Matca (Vietnam) Photographers Ha Dao and Linh Pham from Matca.vn will present a talk about the trajectory of Vietnamese photography, exploring how photojournalism saw its prime time during the Vietnam war, how local photographers moved forward after independence, and the current subjects and approaches pursued by young photographers. When Vietnam appears in Western media, there is a tendency for it to be portrayed with the lens of war, but that issue…