- This event has passed.
December 4 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 10:00 am, repeating until December 7, 2019
Venue: Festival Centre (My Cargo)
Registration Opens: 10.00am (Limited slots, first-come-first-served)
Materials to bring: Digital or Print Portfolio
(Open to all photographers. There is no fee to participate in our portfolio reviews.)
Our free portfolio reviews are conducted by industry professionals, including editors, curators and photographers from all over the world who volunteer their expertise and advice.
Preparing your Portfolio
– Prepare your print or digital portfolio in advance.
– Keep your edit of each work concise (15 – 20 images) and sequenced. If possible, have a wider edit available upon request.
4th DECEMBER: Open Table Session
An informal session limited to 20 photographers to show and display their work for open critique and discussion, the session is open to the public, reviewers and all attending photographers to and the public to show their work and for open critique or discussion.
5th – 7th DECEMBER: One-on-one Review Session
Registration for time slots with our rotating panel of portfolio reviewers begins at 10am on a first-come-first served basis. Each review lasts between 15 – 20 mins.
2019 PORTFOLIO REVIEWERS:
[*Updated Nov 21st. More to be announced]
- Rachael Strecher, Director, Storytelling Grants & Fellowship, National Geographic
- Hsia Yi Wen, Exhibition Manager & Curator, World Press Photo Foundation
- Mladen Antonov, Southeast Asia Photo Chief, APF
- Manan Vatsyayana, Chief Photographer (Mekong), AFP
- Eugenia Falqui, Photography Editor, International Committee of the Red Cross
- Sudhanshu Malholtra, Multimedia Editor, Greenpeace International
- Coline Placon, Freelance Producer, Photo Editor & Consultant. Formerly with Magnum.
- Gabriel Gauffre, Freelance Photographer