During the Covid-19 pandemic, we launched the Creation Grants initiative to provide micro-grants to photographers in Asia, many of whom were facing severe loss of job opportunities and financial income.
Over three rounds, we were able to provide micro-grants to 12 photographers from eight Asian countries. Selected through an independent jury, and supported through a mixture of our own funds and generous donations from individuals, about USD6000 was disbursed during this period.
List of Recipients
- Arabella Paner (Philippines) “I thought I saw a falling star softly land on my shoulder”
- Ivan Darski (Indonesia) “Shadow of the Unseen”
- Nadishka (Sri Lanka) “Exploring Creativity, Capturing Emotions!” Photo Workshops for Youths
- Min Ma Maing (Myanmar) “of solongs and ashes”
- Debsuddha (India) “Epilogue”
- Atika Zata Amani (Indonesia) “Feeding the Nation”
- Md Fazla Rabbi Fatiq (Bangladesh) “Dark Garden”
- Colin Dancel (Philippines) “Forms of Grief”
- Anupam Diwan (India) “Mother’s Garden”
- Farhana Satu (Bangladesh) “জল/জীবন (Water/Life)”
- Saobora Narin (Cambodia) “On the Way”
- R.A (Myanmar) “Reverse River”
Representing a wide range of artistic approaches and backgrounds, find out more about our Creation Grants recipients and their work here.
(Main Image by Saobora Narin)