The health and safety of our team, the community and all event participants is prioritised above all else. We will only conduct in-person activities if and when it is responsible to do so, and when we can guarantee the safety of all involved.
While we may place on hold physical events, we will channel our existing resources to fulfulling out commitement to our mission and goals in different ways.
Current Travel Restrictions to Cambodia
Updated 8 September 2021: While we are continuously monitoring the travel restrictions for entering and leaving Cambodia, there has been very few relevant updates in the past year to affect those who wish who enter on tourist visas.
We will update this blog with information and our recommendations to those thinking of attending the workshop and festival this year.
Currently, there are significant restrictions for those who wish to enter the country. In addition to the suspension of tourist visas and visa-on-arrivals, passengers must have an official Health Certificate indicating a Covid-19 negative result issued within the previous 72 hours, and provide proof of Health Insurance with a minimum medical coverage of $50,000. There is also a mandatory self-isolation/quarantine for all arrivals.
- Suspension of visa exemptions and tourist visas (type T) including e-visas and visas on arrival. Any holders of foreign passports require a valid visa for entry into Cambodia. This visa can be obtained from any Cambodian diplomatic missions/embassies abroad.
- All foreign nationals are required to possess Health Certification (in English or French), indicating a negative COVID-19 status within 72 hours prior to the date of departure. This certificate must be issued by competent and licensed health authorities of their residing country.
- All foreign nationals must provide proof of Health Insurance Documents with a minimum medical coverage of 50,000USD. Or purchase a health insurance package of 90US from Forte Insurance Company. These requirements are not extended to holders of Cambodian diplomatic visa (Visa A) and official visa (Visa B).
- UPON ENTRY: As of 20th May 2020, the Royal Government of Cambodia has mandated a 14-day quarantine for all passengers, both Cambodian and foreign nationals, for entry into Cambodia. Upon arrival in the Kingdom of Cambodia, all passengers must undergo a thermal scanning. They must present their health insurance voucher with the minimum medical coverage of 50,000USD or purchase a health insurance package for Covid-19 treatment, with a cost of 90USD that is valid for 20days. This insurance package can be purchased from FORTE Insurance Company. Then they must make a deposit (by cash or credit card) of 2,000USD with a designated commercial bank at point of entry. The deposit will be deducted for payment of any services during the implementation of health insurance. Then passengers will be accompanied to designated holding center for Covid-19 testing, and wait up to 24 hours for their results before being allowed to enter the country.
- If one or more passengers are tested positive: All passengers of the same flight will be subjected to a 14-day quarantine at a designated location by the Inter-Ministerial Committee to Combat Covid-19.
- If all results are negative: All passengers will be permitted to a 14-day self-isolation at their respective home under supervision of the local authorities and health officials. In addition, they are required to take a Covid-19 test on the 13th day of the self-isolation either at the Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital or at their designated provincial hospital.
- All foreign nationals are financially in charge of their quarantine expenses in the matter of accommodation and food.
- For foreign nationals who are: investor-business persons, company staffs, experts, skilled workers, technicians and family member that are sponsored or invited by not sponsored, please refer to Ministry of Health announcement below.
Do check the information provided on the following pages for the latest updates: